It's important to have legal support team members or representatives on the streets in order to:
- Build trust and confidence in the legal support team
- Troubleshoot - go to places where civil disobedience and/or mass arrest is occurring in order to act as a police liaison ( only if there isn't one already), take notes, and be reliable witnesses
- Pass out stickers and other legal info
- Give updates to activists on numbers of arrests, and activity in courts
- Call legal office with updates from streets!
*Note: It's nice to have lawyers on the street with legal support team members, but it is not crucial and should be the lowest priority in assigning lawyers to tasks. Also, lawyers sometimes get worried about becoming witnesses to cases they may work on later.