A person is disqualified from jury service if he or she:
- Has ever committed an offence carrying life imprisonment
- Has in the last 10 years been detained in an institution or imprisoned
- Has in the last 5 years been detained in a juvenile institution
- Has been put on a recognisance to be of good behaviour
- Is currently subject to a court order, bail parole or sentence
If you are unsure about whether you have to disclose a previous criminal record for a job, you should seek legal advice from a lawyer who practises in employment law.